I'm waiting for a plane to take off, and get into a conversation with the guy next to me. He asks what I do, and when I explain that I run the strategy group at a digital agency, he wants to know what we've done and how we do it.
Robert v1.0 answer: I tell him what we do, ask for a card, tell him I'll send him samples or point him at a links list
Robert v2.0 answer: I whip out my iPhone, launch Soonr, and flip through a quick capabilities presentation, including creative samples, all served from the cloud.
How does it work?
- I signed up for Soonr, and got several other client-facing execs in the agency to do the same thing
- I created a folder for iPhone creds decks, and pointed it at Soonr for cloud backups
- I logged into my Soonr account and shared the file with my coworkers on the service
- I downloaded the Soonr app to my iPhone
- I optimized a version of our deck for the small screen, punching up font sizes and removing things like our tiny footer
That's it. Now, when I change the deck on my hard drive, it synchs with Soonr via the cloud and is available on my phone anywhere I have a connection. (Hard to do on a plane after takeoff right now, but wireless is increasingly available on planes, so that will be changing, and fast.
And with one of these, I could present to a crowd from the iPhone... is this a great world or what?
Are you presenting from the cloud? Let me know.